Friday, April 3, 2009

Does this make me an accessory to murder?

I believe that evolution is real.

To a degree.

Species change and adapt with time. Humans adapt and change with time.

That isn't too hard to believe. It makes sense. It seems reasonable.

However, I can not fathom the theory that the entire universe popped up out of a point and the rest all came about just by chance. Too many contradictions to their own explanations it feels like.

But back to the purpose behind my vent today.

As I said, I believe in evolution. I believe in DNA.

So when the two haploids combine creating a zygote, a unique set of DNA is created.

In the case of humans, that zygote contains human DNA. It has all the cellular programming information to become a full sized, living, human being. It isn't going to change direction and become a toad or a dog. It isn't going to change its mind and become a lizard or a horse. It is a human.

Contained in that DNA code is hair color, eye color, skin color, everything that is needed to direct that initial cell to become a human being.

So here is my problem today.

President Obama has allowed federal money to be provided to international groups that perform abortions.

I pay my taxes, so therefor, however small, a portion of that money comes from me.

Since when an abortion is performed, at whatever stage that original zygote has progressed to, no matter how many cells it has become, cells that contain the DNA of an individual human being are being destroyed. It is ending a human life. Regardless of what stage it has developed to, it is a human life. It isn't going to be a cat. It isn't ever going to be a fish. But if its growth and progress weren't stopped, it would become a human.

So if a human life is ended in a program that uses tax dollars, and if I have payed my taxes, does that make me an accessory to murder?

Given that so many people feel, as I do, that a human life is being destroyed when an abortion is performed, tax money should not be used. If abortions are legal, then let those who don't believe they are taking a human life provide the funds. They won't have to live with the feelings of remorse at a life lost.

Don't make me an unwilling participant in something that I believe is immoral and inexcuseable. Don't make me party to ending a human life.

And don't force Doctors and other medical practitioners that feel the same to perform abortions or loose their funding.

No comments:

Post a Comment