Friday, June 5, 2009

What I didn't know about air travel

I recently returned from a trip to Phoenix to visit some of my family.

I had a borrowed piece of luggage as one of my checked luggage items.

It hadn't ever actually been used yet as it was part of a set.

Delta Airlines charged me $15 per piece to handle and transport my checked baggage.

When the luggage came onto the carousel in Salt Lake City, it was following the feet that held the case upright when resting.

It seems to me that if you break it, you should fix it or replace it. Especially if you charge a fee for the service.

That is what I will have to do with the mangled piece of fabric, fiber and plastic that they returned to me.

But airlines, it would appear, are special.

They say, we won't be liable and so they aren't. Their justification is the rest of the airlines do it this way too. They must think two wrongs make a right?

They can charge for a service, provide poor service and damage your property, still charge you for the service and yet not make the damage right.

Wouldn't that be handy?

I want to do that with my part of the national debt! At least with that one, I didn't have much to do with it.

Unlike the luggage where Delta broke it but still won't fix it.

Be warned. If and when you travel, consider your luggage to be a disposable item.

The airlines do!

No comments:

Post a Comment